Established in 1996, as one of the largest and most influential foreign chamber of commerce in Southwest China, It maintains strong relations with the American Consulate in Chengdu in order to work more closely with the U.S. and Chinese government to help foster vibrant and constructive commercial relations between the U.S. and Southwest China.
The AmCham family has attracted mostly top 500 companies, foreign companies, and well-known Chinese enterprises. As the request from members and expansion of business, we have also set up Chongqing office since 2009. Our BOG and members have made significant strides in accomplishing AmCham Southwest’s mission with its influence on local government policy, member services, and corporate social responsibilities.
AmCham Mission and Goals
- To increase U.S. – China trade, and enhance U.S. – China economic relations.
- To help U.S. businesses in Southwest China identify, discuss, and work towards common?interests.
- To build relationships with U.S. and Chinese government entities in Southwest China, and?provide a platform for U.S. businesses to interact with them.
- To promote corporate social responsibility and support local charitable activities
The AmCham Board of Governors directs AmCham with the aim of furthering these goals. The voting members of AmCham Southwest elect the Board of Governors each year. The?Board consists of a Chairman, Vice Chairman, VP-Administration, VP-Programs & Activities,?VP-Treasurer, and six Governors.
- Seminars and workshops?on topics of interest to the membership
- Joint events with the U.S. Consulate in Chengdu which allow members to communicate with U.S. officials
- Socials and networking events designed to build relationships among the business community
- Delegations to cities within the region to explore investment opportunities
- Fund-raising events and charitable contributions to strengthen the local community.